2012 Western Lakes Regional Regatta Final Results

<< < (2/3) > >>

DN5358:
Thanks everyone involved for making this a great trip.  It is sometimes hard to justify a 1600 mile trip, but with the ice, wind and temps provide how can one not.  The food and fellowship was all just icing on the cake! 

Thanks for all those who supported and encouraged the kid out racing dn's this weekend.  Just a few short years ago I recall Frankie and Cooper at Elk Lake sailing to the windward mark on the first leg of a race in their optis and stopping, causing very concerned dad's to run the length of the course to come to their aid..... Only to find they decided it was too fast and they were done.  And yesterday I had to work hard to keep up with them.  A very good weekend indeed.

And thanks to Bill Mintz for making the trip with us.  I look forward to you joining us at Nationals!

David

US 5432:
A big THANKS to the Doctor for driving to Spicer, MN last Monday and walking Green Lake and then an even bigger THANKS to Mike Miller for sailing it on Wednesday. There is no doubt that without their efforts we would have never raced the Western Regional Lakes last weekend.

But the Biggest THANKS is owed to all the competitors who drive near and far so we can race our DN's. What a great three days of racing.

Thank you for joining the Minnetonka DN'ers in the Land of 10,000 (frozen) Lakes!

Jordana:
And there really should have been more of our wonderful Minnesota ice sailors featured in this regional news story. That's what some of us get for not zipping out there soon enough for Friday's scrubs, or in my case, standing around doing absolutely nothing except being an easy target for a reporter: http://www.wctrib.com/event/article/id/88496/

us2360:
 8) thanks to everyone involved..It was a great showpiece for the Western region. Best sailing in years and no accidents. Pete

MICHAEL:
Other than Jorg's spinout and a few of us with broken parts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page