DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

May 09, 2024, 04:09:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: I've been called worse.  (Read 17603 times)
sieglege

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 09:13:46 AM »

I was among the few that took the gamble and left before sunrise on Saturday to make it up to Elk Lake (a little over three hours for me) on the slim chance of some late season ice (or at least a party). It paid off. But I've also driven many more miles to sit around with either no ice or no wind. It just happens. And like many others, we haven't had good conditions locally since before New Year's.

What I did learn this weekend is just how dynamic the situation is. From Friday where there was only crap, to Saturday AM's hard ice, to a scary, slushy snow cone by 2PM, then hard ice again by 6 pm. That's two complete cycles in 24 hours.

Spring weather forecasting is equally dynamic. On Sunday, our 7 day forecast included sun and 60 degrees. Now the forecast takes us through at least the weekend with temps below freezing every day. On Monday, the forecasted low for Wednesday was 14. When I look this morning (Tuesday), it's been updated to just 8. That's an amazing change in forecast in just 48 hours. Last Friday, I had written off the season as being done. Now I'm thinking we might even get some local time in.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: