DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

May 14, 2024, 06:36:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! I just bought a DN and need advise.  (Read 6550 times)
Russ ALLES DN1354

« on: January 13, 2010, 04:05:09 PM »

I bought a DN and now am looking for advise.  I sailed before but it was 40 years ago on Lake St.Claire.  I live in Commerce Twp and would like to know if anyone sails on any of the local lakes around here.  I've read about Elk Lake.  I'm willing to travel.  I have a cottage in Greenbush Michigan on Cedar Lake.  A couple of weeks ago (before I had my boat) the lake was frozen and most of the snow was gone, but this is a rare occasion.  I'm open for suggestions.
Bob Rast DN1313

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 07:15:05 PM »

welcome to the Dn World. Its definately more fun doing some scrub racing or cruising with a couple of guys plus safer,There are several groups in michigan  and you can find links  Here http://iceboat.org/

this is the Madison Wisconsin Club but has a lot of info like this board plus linls on left side of the web page to most Clubs several in Michigan, You nay want to join the Idiniyra and get a annual Book wich includes sailers and addresses you  may find some one  near by
Good luck Sail safe
Bob  rast
DN1313
dn4379
ADMIN

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 07:01:37 PM »

hotline = 248 988 0851
We sailed/raced on Pontiac lake between the holidays.  Walled lake was too bumpy but hasn't been checked lately.  Anchor Bay needs to be sailed to see if the plate  is safe and large enough.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: