DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

May 17, 2024, 12:44:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposal 9  (Read 22414 times)
DN 805
Class Member

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 08:00:59 PM »

I suggest that sailors simply contact sign guys in their home town. 
When the hull numbers became required, I went to my local sign guy, he turned on his computer cutter, and supplied me what I needed for  $1.67 per letter.    He does not want to be in the business of supplying numbers to DN sailors, so don't ask me his name.

The point I'm trying to make is that the guy down the street from you may produce for you exactly what you need at an extremely economical price.

....DN 805
us5285

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 09:54:13 PM »

Last year, I like most everybody that does any racing in a DN bought numbers and country letters for the side of my boat. Although in the past I have gotten pretty elaborate with the graphics on my boat. Last year I went with the simple black block letters. I purchased my letters from Ron Sherry(along with some other things). I've also purchased things in the past from Jeff Kent, Don williams, Skip and Micheal Boston, Matt Struble and others. I might have been able to have gotten my numbers cheaper, but I guess I would rather try to support the people in the class who  put a lot of work and thought into their products. I have never met 5250 but I just might get my next set of numbers from him.(Probably not a mast or runners). Better him than the guy down the street that can't be bothered to make a couple numbers for a lousy DN.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: