DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

September 21, 2024, 02:48:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nationals Registration Fee  (Read 7841 times)
bmintz

« on: January 13, 2012, 08:47:52 AM »

I had heard that there is sometimes a provision for local sailors to enter nationals late at the original fee.  I hope to sail at nationals, but can neither take a week, nor really afford to travel that far and stay in hotels that long.  If the Nationals are in the Central or Western regions then I will try to make both weekends.  Is the original entry fee a possibility if I so not pay now?  Or a refund later if I do not enter?
DN 805
Class Member

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:57:59 AM »

Refunds not available.   Regatta committees must make plans and financial commitments based upon pre-registration.

DN ByLaws section governing regattas  explains how the complex system works and applies when the site changes to an alternate region.

By Laws available at ice.idniyra.org and in the year book.
Geoff Sobering
Class Officer

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 11:54:55 AM »

There are two sections of the By-Laws that apply:
   https://ice.idniyra.org/Yearbook/IDNIYRA_ByLaws

IDNIYRA Regattas.B.4.a:
... Current members who have not sailed in a continental regatta for three or more years are not required to pay the late registration penalty.

IDNIYRA Regattas.B.4.b:
Novice DN racers may enter one or both regattas if two years association dues are paid. No other event registration fee will apply. A DN racer shall be considered a novice if that person has never belonged to IDNIYRA, or if their membership has lapsed five or more years. A novice must comply with all other entry requirements.

Man Why You Even Got to Do a Thing
bmintz

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 12:56:11 PM »

Thank you for your answer.  As a newbie it looks like I can pay an additional year's dues and sail for no additional fee.  Glad I asked.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: