DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

September 27, 2024, 09:17:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank You to All who made the 2015 DN Gold Cup Happen  (Read 5791 times)
Eben Whitcomb

« on: February 09, 2015, 08:14:32 PM »

I would like to thank our finestkind scoring team of Loretta Rehe, Deb Whitehorse, Erica Baker, and Mercedes Bowman for their superb job. They braved cold, a variety of wind and course conditions, to deliver concise, accurate and fair scoring for the regatta.

Our race committee under PRO John Atkins was second to none! John, along with Bob Schumacher, Bob and Ann Foeller, Andy Smith, Ray Gauthier, and Dan Heaney, dealt with a variety of wind and weather conditions to speedily set safe and fair courses during the Gold Cup regatta.

I would also like to thank IDNIYRA commodore Kent Baker and vice commodore Eric Anderson. Both worked tirelessly before and during the regatta to ensure its success. (And they both still sailed fast!)

I would like to thank those who brought 4-wheelers for us to use during the regatta -- Deb Whitehorse, Bob Foeller, Jack Millbank, and Bob Schumacher. These aided in ice checking, quickly making course changes, and provided a greater level of safety on the ice.

I would especially like the thank our hosts at the Kingston Yacht Club -- Commodore Rosemary Wilson, manager Greg McNabe, Matt White, and the members and staff who assisted us and volunteered their time, and made us welcome at their beautiful facility.

Thank you to members John Curtis and Peter Van Rossem for their effort and enthusiasm that helped move this event forward and make it a success. Kingston, with its lovely brick and stone buildings, restaurants, waterfronts, and lovely people, has made a deep impression on all of us, and we look forward to returning there soon.

Thank you to all the ice spotters, rear commodores and local clubs who helped out in numerous ways to make this regatta happen.

Thank you all for making the 2015 DN Gold Cup a great success!

Eben Whitcomb III, Eastern Region Rear Commodore
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: