DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

September 21, 2024, 02:33:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DN 121 1958-1959 16mm Segment on Lake St. Clair Near Detroit  (Read 5279 times)
scldrgnfly

« on: February 27, 2014, 07:32:40 PM »

If you watch the video I posted on YouTube at about the 38-39.5 minute, you will see my father flying on our old DN 121 on Lake St. Clair near Detroit.  My grandfather is chasing her with his 16 mm movie camera on one of those huge old ice boats.  Even our Irish Setter joined in the chase.  My brother, who once fell through the ice on her in his Navy Pea Coat and almost didn't get out of the water still sails her with his sons in Minnesota now.  I live in North Carolina now and miss Michigan, Lake St. Clair and the St. Clair River EVERY DAY!!  I can still hear the hollow sound of the runners skimming the ice as my sister and I got to ride on the runner planks as we flew.  We did have a smaller, less powerful ice boat...that the girls could handle...we were between 11 and 14 when we sailed.  Thank you SO much for living our dreams!  Martha Edwards Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMPYkYTAoUk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHMPYkYTAoUk&app=desktop
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: