DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

April 19, 2024, 02:52:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Centrals Postponed 3/5 - 6  (Read 6816 times)
rpotcova
Class Officer

« on: March 03, 2011, 01:02:30 PM »

Three factors played in to this decision.

1)Origional conditions were reported as a 5-6 out of 10.  Inch of snow on it and 1-3 forecasted tonight.  Tomorrow snow/rain mix with high of 38.  Saturday cold again.  Crusty?

2)Ice not sailed til tomorrow. 

3)Been very cold with numerous northern Michigan lakes still snow covered and 12-18 inches of black ice under.  Nothing available South of Lansing. Wait for the Zamboni.

4) Northwest Regatta starts toimorrow.  Great conditions I'm told.

A number of sailors are involved in these regatta decisions - including current and past officers throughout the region. I don't do this alone.  Thanks to everyone who helped scout - especially Richard Wollam and David Frost.

As Central Commodore, the weather has been the worst ever over the past few years.  We will defeat mother nature eventually.

Rich
Geoff Sobering
Class Officer

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 01:50:28 PM »

We will defeat mother nature eventually.

I hope to see you "on the ice" in a week!  Smiley

Man Why You Even Got to Do a Thing
T Thieler US 5224

Of course I respect you...

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 02:21:19 PM »

Tough call but most likely a good one-  Thanks to everyone who has been working on this-

If it makes you feel any better we've been struggling against snow and too much or too little wind all season out East too-

Still hoping to squeeze a bit of racing in before things thaw out here-  Hope we can lure a few sailors from that neck of the woods out this way at some point-

Will keep the Centrals on our radar out here-

Think Ice!

MR T

Ice is nice, heat is beat...
rpotcova
Class Officer

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 07:30:47 AM »

I heard that there were near white out conditions on the bridge yesterday.  This morning was an ice storm that stretched from Detroit on North.  Getting to the regatta would have been challenging.  No report on the ice yet but the weather map last night looked scary.

Right decision I think....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: