DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

March 28, 2024, 06:29:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bootleg Centrals  (Read 24700 times)
DN5358

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 08:27:17 PM »

Here is a link to some neat shots Gretchen took on Sunday last weekend on Burt Lake.  As always, wonderful photos Gretchen!

http://gretchdorian.smugmug.com/Sports/Sailing/DN-Burt-Lake-MI/16386754_bZEQi
DN5358

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 09:48:52 PM »

Based on reports from GTIYC, we are headed to check Elk Lake first.  If the wind/ice holds we will sail there in the morning.  When we get chased off, we will then head to Burt with a chainsaw to cut me a big hole so I can learn a little more about ice degradation.

David
DN5358

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 11:00:06 AM »

With the lack of wind, we decided to hit Burt on the way to Elk, I was never know for traveling the shortest route.
18" of clear, hard honeycombed ice with up to a 1/4" of crust "scotch bright pad" ice on top.  If there was wind, I would set up and sail.  I would even let my son sail.  The launch site is isolated from the lake and would need multiple planks to cross the seam that has grown considerably since last week.  True only about 18" of water at the seam, but water is still wet.  So we are now heading to Elk to join the Fun Regatta for tomorrow. 

David

fyi when running a chainsaw in honeycombed ice, be sure to wear your waders, that is a very wet operation!
Geoff Sobering
Class Officer

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 01:55:26 PM »

fyi when running a chainsaw in honeycombed ice, be sure to wear your waders, that is a very wet operation!

What, no movies?  Wink

That might have been a huge viral YouTube hit!  Grin

Man Why You Even Got to Do a Thing
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: