DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

April 19, 2024, 02:36:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam alert  (Read 12022 times)
Ken Smith
ADMIN

sail often, travel light

« on: February 03, 2007, 08:03:58 PM »

WARNING: SCAM ALERT:  If you include an email address in your ad, be advised that you will receive emails from scam artists who will propose to send a check for more than the asking price and then have you send the overpayment back to them. They are engaging in a classic scam known as the Check Overpayment scam. Read about  Check Overpayment scams here on the Federal Trade Commission site. The only way to prevent the abuse is to not list your email address. However, some scammers will try to call you with the same offer. Don't be a victim of a scam artist!     

1-22-2007 SCAM ALERT: A Mr. James Williams of London, England desperately wants to buy your ice boats! All of them! (Ice in England must be very good this season.)
In the past few weeks, Mr. Williams (a commonly used scam name) and his friends have been emailing boat owners offering to send thousands more than the asking price and then having you send him the overpayment.
What can you do? Either ignore Mr. William's pleas to buy your boat, report his email abuse the email hosting service that he uses, or file a complaint with the Bureau of Consumer Protection.

The above is courtesy of Madison Four Lakes site.

On this site, registered members can send e-mail to you via this site.  The "My Messages" link will allow you to view them.  A number in parentheses will tell you one is waiting.  You can also have the site send you an alert by adjusting your profile preferences.

If someone is getting to you through the site with such spam or fraud issues, let me know, and I will ban the sender.  I believe we are clean so far...

Ken

« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 08:07:32 PM by Ken Smith » Logged

Ken Smith
DN4137US
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: