DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

April 27, 2024, 05:28:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For Technical Committee: Cockpit Listings question  (Read 6687 times)
wnethercote
Class Member

« on: November 05, 2011, 11:28:53 AM »

I am building a new hull.

The rules are clear that the cockpit sole must be separated from the hull bottoom by listings, and that the geometric arrangement of listings is to the builder's preference.  I interpret that the dimensions of the listings are open to the builders choice.

I am considering tapering the height of the listings as I go forward in the cockpit to give a little bit more cockpit depth there.  It isn't obvious whether the rules permit or prohibit this.  The geometric gain is minor, but it isn't a big deal to taper the listings (which I will run longitudinally rather than transversely). 

So, to the question: Can the listings be of varying height so that the cockpit sole - bottom skin separation is not constant?

Warren Nethercote
DN 3786
DN 805
Class Member

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 01:05:07 PM »

DN specification A 17 establishes a minimum total thickness of the cockpit floor, including floor and bottom skins.  5/8" (15.9 mm).   OK to taper listings just as long as total thickness is not less than the minimum required.

Jane Pegel
chairperson.  Technical Committee
wnethercote
Class Member

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 10:47:57 AM »

Jane,

Thank you for the fast response,

Warren
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: