DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

April 18, 2024, 08:16:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Regions, regions, where are the regions?  (Read 12396 times)
bmintz

« on: December 12, 2011, 08:10:12 AM »

What are the Regions?  I can't seem to find a map. 
DN5358

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 09:59:38 AM »

Bill check in the year book for the region map.  Pg 70 in the 2010 edition.
Geoff Sobering
Class Officer

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 12:34:56 PM »

Here's the diagram from the 2008-2009 Yearbook.
It's slightly incorrect, in that most of Michigan's UP is part of the Central Region.

Man Why You Even Got to Do a Thing
Bob Gray
Class Member

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 04:17:42 PM »

The latest yearbook still shows the U.P. of Michigan in the Western Region. I had a conversation with a past Central Lakes Commodore and he said the diagram is correct.
Geoff Sobering
Class Officer

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 07:50:39 PM »

The latest yearbook still shows the U.P. of Michigan in the Western Region. I had a conversation with a past Central Lakes Commodore and he said the diagram is correct.

I would have sworn that in one of my old Yearbooks (circa 2000) that the UP was split. I may well be mis-remembering....

Cheers,

Geoff S.

Man Why You Even Got to Do a Thing
rpotcova
Class Officer

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 06:18:20 PM »

The UP probably should be split.  Regardless, this issue should be resolved with an accurate graphic in the yearbook or at least the DN America site.  If the Central Region gets a shot at getting in the 2011 Regional off in the UP Jan. 31st we'll do it regardless of whats printed.  Agree?
DN 805
Class Member

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 09:16:28 PM »

When all else fails, refer to the "book".

On page 79 of the 2011 yearbook you will find the map showing the regions.  On that map the entire UP is in the western region.

In the By Laws under IDNIYRA Regattas, D. Regional Regattas will be the sole responsibility of the Rear Commodore from that region, etc., etc.    My interpretation would be that if the Rear Commodore wants to hold the regional in the Aleutian Islands, he has the authority to do so, even though it may not be in his Region.    If he wants to postpone the 2011 regional regatta until a date in 2015, it seems he has the authority to do so. 

Of course, if the IDNIYRA members residing in the Rear Commodore's region don't like the decisions he has made, they can find someone else willing to take on the responsibiity of being Rear Commodore, or they can volunteer themselves.    It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.
KB [us5219]
Class Member

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 10:31:24 AM »

In that case, I would like to formally request to our central rear commodore that the 2011 Central Regional be held wherever the most ice can be found on Jost Van Dyke, B.V.I. on the date of his choosing in the remainder of the year 2011.  Cool  For 2012 I hope he would find something a little closer, like Ohio or Michigan...

An educated guess to exact location would be Foxy's!
Jim McDonagh [us5214]
Class Officer

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 12:37:02 AM »

https://ice.idniyra.org/Yearbook/Regions

I always thought that the map was wrong and all of the state of Michigan is in the central region.

It would be easier to calculate which region a member is in if we stay on the state level and not go into the zip code level, not that it really matters.

I remember talking to the members at the 2007 Worlds (in Merinette/Menominee) about this and my recollection was that the graphic needed to be changed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: