DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

August 19, 2022, 02:28:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Centrals postponed for Feb. 11 12  (Read 4150 times)
Class Officer
Posts: 96

« on: February 10, 2012, 02:21:41 PM »

 Still snowing at Higgans.  2+ inches and poor visability while sailing.  Will attempt scrub racing Sat.   Access NW corner of lake.  Take extra care if travelling.

KB [us5219]
Class Member
Posts: 248

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 11:51:44 AM »

Had great scrub racing at Higgins Saturday.  Snow was 1 inch or less with drifts up to 2"  had 6-7 boats lining up for scrub races and wind building all day.  The last few races had near-nuclear puffs.  Great practice, one hull was broken, sailor was bruised but not seriously injured.
Yes, we could have held Centrals there this weekend.  However, in light of the unpredictable weather, and the 100-car pile-up in Bay City as well as hazardous conditions all over Michigan, I feel the call was best for postponement.
We are hopeful for Centrals next weekend as a great warm up for the North Americans.

Kent Baker
Central Lakes Region Rear Commodore
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1 RC3 | SMF © 2001-2006, Lewis Media Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!