DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

March 28, 2024, 05:03:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Worlds and North Americans, a great experience  (Read 10613 times)
DN 805
Class Member

« on: February 25, 2007, 10:50:57 AM »

I want to extend my sincere appreciation to everyone involved for a wonderful 2007 Worlds and North American championship week.   The Central Rear Commodore, Dave Zoll and his committee members; the DN Governing Committee led by Commodore John Harper; the ice checkers;  Mike Derusha, who marked pressure ridges and carried boats across; Bill Van Gee and his race committee team; scorers Debbie Parker and Loretta Rehe; protest committee members Bob Pegel, Meade Gougeon, and Doug Harvey; and all the sailors who assisted me in crossing the pressure ridges.   

This is my 60th season of iceboating, 51st season in a DN.  Looking forward to the 2008 championship.

Jane Pegel, DN 805
Geoff Sobering
Class Officer

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 11:35:10 AM »

I'm glad someone with a better memory for names posted such a great note. 
I can never remember everyone whose responsible for making these events the great success that they are.

Thanks everybody!  Grin

Cheers,

Geoff S.
US-5156

Man Why You Even Got to Do a Thing
Kentski
Class Member

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 01:46:41 PM »

Speaking on behalf of bernd zieger G107  and My self  3535  we both agreed , on the way home ,that this was the best regatta(s) in many years.   Thank you to all the volunteers to make this such a memorable event

best to all.............  congrats to matt !!!!!!!!!!

jeff

sdmadden
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 01:42:34 PM »

I could not agree more with Jane Pegal.  These regatta's were awesome because of all the hard work by the volunteers, officers and especially the scorers and race committee.  Also a big thank you to mother nature.
Thank You all.  See you next time.

Steve Madden US4512
Eastern Region Rear Commodore
T Thieler US 5224

Of course I respect you...

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 08:03:10 AM »

I'd like to second what the earlier posters have said about the Worlds and NA's.  Definitely the best event I've done in a long time.  In fact I have yet to hear anything but rave reviews from all the participants I've talked with.  For my own part it is April 9 and I'm still fired up about it!

Many, many thanks to everyone who made it possible.  Your efforts are not unappreciated.

Looking forward to next year already!

Best, T Thieler
DN US 5224

Ice is nice, heat is beat...
MATT STRUBLE
Class Member

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 08:51:42 PM »

It is amazing, there is a cold front coming through the Great Lakes and It makes me think of ice boating.  What a great sport, it is as fun to think about as to participate in.  A huge thanks to the organizors and all of the people that make these events possible for all of us. 

US 183
Matt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: