DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

April 25, 2024, 06:14:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 5620 times)
DAL

« on: December 03, 2012, 03:50:05 PM »

I'm curious as to what most people do about insurance for these boats.  I'm a new boat owner and not sure what is required.
wnethercote
Class Member

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 05:34:00 PM »

Most people use liability riders on household policies. If you are a Canadian (except SK) then iceboat-specific insurance is available through robertson & Robertson.  There is an earlier series of posts in this forum.
Skippers Plan Insurance

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:42:21 PM »

Warren, thank you for mentioning the policy we offer for iceboat owners.  I can now offer coverage in every Province including Saskatchewan.   Due to Provincial licensing I operate as The CG&B Group Inc. outside of Ontario.

Canadians can obtain coverage up to $5000 on the iceboat and $1 million liability costs $250 a year.   Coverage while racing is included at no additional cost.  You are covered operating anywhere in Canada and in the northern US states (limit 40 North latitude).

Recently I insured a guy who prevously had an endorsement on his home  policy.   His boat was damaged and after the claim was submitted he discovered both the boat premium and the home insurance premium were going up on the next renewal.   A stand-alone policy for  your iceboat can prevent this type of problem.   

Contact me toll free or via email if you have any questions.  We also insure all types of boats for Canadians from coast to coast.  

Andrew Robertson
President
Skippers' Plan Insurance |  The CG&B Group Inc
120 South Town Centre Blvd., Markham, Ontario L6G 1C3
Tel: 905.752.8735  |  800.661.7211 |  www.skippersplan.com
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:47:24 PM by Skippers Plan Insurance » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: