DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

March 28, 2024, 06:30:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 Eastern Region DN Championship NOR  (Read 13313 times)
Eben Whitcomb

« on: December 30, 2013, 08:07:45 AM »

IDNIYRA Notice of Race
2014 Eastern Region DN Championship
Dates: January 11 – 12

1.   Rules:
All races will be governed by the Racing Rules of the NIA (National Iceboat Authority) and the  the By-Laws of the IDNIYRA.

2.    Eligibility:
Open to All DN class yachts meeting the requirements of the Official Specifications and whose skippers are in good standing with the IDNIYRA are eligible. Proof of personal liability insurance will be needed at the time of registration.

3.   Site Information and Postings:
A.   Eastern Region, United States
B.   Site Information will be posted on the NEIYA Hotline: 508-377-6100
C.   When determined, Site Information will be posted on the IDNIYRA bulletin board, the NEIYA website and the Iceboating Yahoo Group.

4.   Races:
A.   Seven race regatta format. Three race minimum will constitute a regatta.
B.   First race scheduled for 11:00am Saturday, January 11.

5.   Registration is 10:00am on the ice in the Pits.

6.   Sailing instructions will be posted at the launch site. Final sailing instructions will be delivered at skippers meeting before first race.

7. Trophies - this regatta has great historic trophies. I am seeking the location of all these trophies and information on the early years of this regatta. Please contact me at ebenw3@comcast net.

Eben Whitcomb
Eastern Region Commodore
860-304-6319

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:47:25 PM by Geoff Sobering » Logged
Chad Atkins
Class Member

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 11:19:04 PM »

We are still planning on trying to make the Easterns happen this weekend. The scouts are out and it looks like our best shot will be in Maine, so stay tuned.
  Chad Atkins
    US 4487

Chad Atkins
Class Member

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 02:22:09 PM »

The 2014 DN Easterns are ON! Jordan Bay, ME. Launch right now is Raymond boat ramp off US 302. Stay tuned...
  Think Ice, Chad Atkins
                  US 4487
T Thieler US 5224

Of course I respect you...

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 12:36:17 PM »

TAKING ANOTHER SHOT AT THE EASTERN REGIONAL DN CHAMPS

The Easterns are tentatively called on for this weekend February 1 and 2. We will make the official call Wednesday night but we are going to try to get the regatta in this weekend. At this point our most likely site will be sailing out of Plattsburgh where the North Americans were sailed last week but we are going to look into other suitable sites.

Stay tuned here and the NEIYA site for details.

Oliver Moore and Eben Whitcomb.

Ice is nice, heat is beat...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: