Loooking for Ice for North Americans

<< < (2/2)

Ken Smith:
Rich,

Almost everyone has fingers crossed re Green Lake.   The desired outcome wished for is split widely.

Ken

Rick Lemberg:
Lake Wawasee,Syracuse In.
Lake Wawasee had a Great mealtdown over the weekend,all the snow is gone and no goose holes found yet.waiting for colder temps to harden up more. will know more when we sail,Their is a new hotel right on the lake that is large enough for most of the fleet and their is another one in town .This is just an update on our lake I will have a better report after sailing.the forecast is for steady falling temps and very little snow.    Rick Lemberg  DN4155

eric_anderson:

Bob Crinion reports good ice on Lake Mushamush in Nova Scotia.  Nice lake in a beautiful location.  good support localy as the home fleet"nova ice yacht sailors" is quite active 15-17 boat racing fleet.
From Bob C.  (He drove out to the westerns this year)

"On another note the gang did sail MushaMush Friday & Saturday.
After the rain all the lakes in my area look very good this morning. I’ll try to get pictures if I can of MushaMush." 

I will post picture if bob sends it to me.

eric_anderson:
Report from Andre Baby on conditions in  Montreal

Jack and I sailed off Cartier pier today and explored a  portion of the ice plate which we estimate to be 3 X 7 miles. With its snow- ice surface there are virtually no pressure ridges. The surface varies between smooth and fast and scalloped,  bumpy areas, so I would qualify it a 6 plus overall. We found some wet shell ice now and then, in which a runner would crunch down maybe an inch, just enough to spook you. WE didn't  sail flat out in those conditions. The Wed. night freeze should take care of the shell ice. Also rain is forecast for tomorrow, so opportunity for more Zamboni to get rid of the bumps. The access off Cartier ave. in Pointe- Claire is easy ( 1999 Worlds and NA's) but we'd have to talk to the city about ploughing the parking lot.

André

514 426 4066

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page