main sheet blocks

<< < (2/2)

Ayes:
Thank you all.

This is just the information and discussion I was looking for on this topic.

Ayes

gordfraser:
Holly resurrection!

I have a new (to me) DN with a tripple on the back of the boom ans another tripple on the hull.

I havnt had the chance to try this out yet, but have never seen it on another DN.

I think the blocks might hit and prevent you from getting the boom lower. but have not set it up yet.

lots of leverage in this setup.

any comments?

G

Geoff Sobering:
Quote from: gordfraser on March 18, 2015, 07:33:11 PM

Holly resurrection!

I have a new (to me) DN with a tripple on the back of the boom ans another tripple on the hull.

I havnt had the chance to try this out yet, but have never seen it on another DN.

I think the blocks might hit and prevent you from getting the boom lower....

You will certainly not be able to sheet in as far as a boat with the usual nesting setup.
The amount of extra distance will be significant.

For racing, triple blocks are definitely illegal. I'm not sure if double blocks would be OK (they certainly fit the spirit of the rule).

Cheers,

Geoff S. - US-5156

gordfraser:

so im thinking that if it illegal in racing, then it is got an advantage.
or is that just my devious mind?

i am not planning on official racing, but a little "ice street racing" might occur here and there!

G

For racing, triple blocks are definitely illegal. I'm not sure if double blocks would be OK (they certainly fit the spirit of the rule).

Cheers,

Geoff S. - US-5156

KB [us5219]:
Might be advantageous... but more than likely it will be cumbersome and possibly dangerous as it will be harder to pay the sheet line out, and there will be much more tail to manage (or drag behind the boat). 
You will never know until you start sailing with other boats so you can see what is working and what isn't.
-Kent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page