DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

September 22, 2024, 01:34:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Club Racing This Weekend on Green Lake  (Read 6145 times)
juliejsail
Class Officer

« on: March 21, 2014, 03:14:51 PM »

Conditions permitting, there will be club racing this weekend on Green Lake, WI out of County Park on K...Southwest end of the lake.  As per club by-laws, officially at 2PM...Scrub racing thru out the day.  Nites and DN's will most likely share a rotation in with the Sternsteer Regatta to start at 11 AM.
Several club boats and children's Ice Optis will also be set up...bring the kids and their helmets !  The landings are still hanging in there, trucks have been driving on to set up today...it appears now that the weekend may not be quite as warm as predicted...current temp here at 3PM is 50.  Skeeters and sternsteers have been out thru out the day today. The surface has of course changed thru out the day...so get here early AM for your best rides! JJ
juliejsail
Class Officer

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 10:56:10 AM »

Well, Smarty Pants Andy Gratton :-) and his Stern Steerer Regatta racers win the optimists award for the weekend.
Yes, the ice turned out harder than expected..and the wind...well..those big old guys are flying out there..landings are fine!  Just so I'm not accused of not sharing the ice...get here if you can.  Stern Steerer races start in 5 minutes..scrub races for the rest of us until 2PM then official club races ... I'd like to race...but I've invited quite a few newbies out...and dubbed this my newbie weekend..so I'll wait and see...  Come join us  (and bring newbies)..I'm off to set up ice optis.  Cheers! JJ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: