DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

March 28, 2024, 07:38:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winnebago Ice 01/01/15  (Read 6599 times)
rlc
Class Member

« on: January 01, 2015, 06:19:58 PM »

I sailed the large bay north of Oshkosh on Lake Winnebago today.  It has wonderful glare ice, 8.5 out of ten.  The usual heave is out farther than it usually is so there is enough room for a regatta.  The course might be up against the shore depending on wind direction, but that is not a likely scenario. The ice is about a foot thick.  There are no fishermen or fish shanteys.  It was blowing today and I had a wonderful time.  A couple of guys sailed a big skeeter and a Nite well after dark.  I have not heard anything good about the rest of the lake as there is still open water in some places.

US3433
 Smiley
rlc
Class Member

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 12:42:11 PM »

I drove to the Wayside (Kinker Road - Cnty N) north of Fond du Lac this morning.  We have had the Westerns there before.  I looks just wonderful, no shoves in sight looking to the southeast and you can see for miles.  The shoreline shove is formidable and I will wait out the impending weather event to sail the area.

The ice in the Oshkosh area is terrible, with shoves every 1/4 mile or less.  North Asylum Bay a few miles north of town is just fine.

01/02/15
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: