DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

April 25, 2024, 06:33:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rich Potcova US216 is new Central Region Rear Commodore!  (Read 6907 times)
dn4911
Class Member

« on: August 09, 2007, 11:20:44 AM »

All

I am pleased to announce that Rich Potcova, US 216, has agreed to accept the position of Central Region Rear Commodore, effective immediately.  There will be a confirming election at the Grand Rapids Swap meet in November.

Dick Parker will continue as the Secretary Treasurer (Money man) and Dick Wollam as the Vice Rear Commodore (Equipment Man) of the Central Region.

I have really enjoyed my service to the region and the class over the past 6 years.  There are many people who have made this job a lot of fun and who have been instrumental in the successful regattas that the Central Region has sponsored during my tenure.

I am especially grateful to the other Central Region Officers. Dick (and Deb!) Parker for their outstanding service doing all the work handling the finances, Dick Wollam, and before him, Dan Nevedal, who took responsibility for the great equipment that the Central Region has; Loretta Rehe, who never said no and was always happy to score, no matter where, when, or how long it took to get it right at the end of a long day on the ice; all of the ice scouts who gave the critical reports that lead us to the good stuff, especially Jim Grogan, George Long, Mark Upham, Butch Babcock, Meade and Jan Gougeon, the Traverse City gang, including Bill Buchbinder, Bob Gray, John Russell, and especially Mike Derusha.  There are many many more that I could list, including the entire Detroit Ice Yacht Club.

Special thanks go to Past Central Region Rear Commodore Randy Rogoski who mentored me through the process and provided invaluable assistance in every facet of the job.

Special thanks to all the ice yacht clubs in the Central Region and their officers, especially the Toledo Ice Yacht Club, who was always willing to help with extra manpower at the regattas.  Thanks to the other race officials besides Loretta, especially Eric Lind and Bob Foeller.

Thanks to my travelling buddies George Reis and Robert Holman who were always ready and willing to do what it took, whether it was checking scary clear glass ice on Elk Lake (Remember that George?), registering sailors, or selling extra stuff.

And finally, thanks to all the great sailors in the Central Region who made the last six years some of the greatest iceboating years in memory.  You know who you are.  You helped set marks, haul equipment and officials, flagged cracks, helped sailors over heaves, and at all times acted with honor, dignity and skill.

Good luck Rich!  It's gonna be great!  Think Ice!

Best,

David
US4911

Geoff Sobering
Class Officer

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 12:04:12 PM »

I did a quick tally of the major regattas I've been to in the past few years, and almost half of them were run by the Central region (including the "scary clear glass ice" Elk Lake Centrals!).  Congratulations on a great tenure, and I'm looking forward to more fun regattas "out east" (or, "up north" in the case of 2007's GC/NA  Wink)

Cheers,

Geoff S.
US-5156

Man Why You Even Got to Do a Thing
Paul Goodwin - US 46
ADMIN

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 07:29:40 AM »

I would like to thank Dave for all the work he has put in the past few years.  He went into the position thinking it was going to be short term, but kept stepping up to the plate year after year.  He has done a fantastic job, both with his direct contributions but also in organizing all the other people working behind the scenes - it takes a team effort to produce the results Dave has for the Central Lakes and other major regattas.

Thanks again for all your efforts...

Paul Goodwin  - DN US46

Paul Goodwin
DN US-46
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: