DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

March 29, 2024, 06:46:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Three 1/4 in 90 degree 304SS Inserts ($300) (SOLD)  (Read 5348 times)
wnethercote
Class Member

« on: December 23, 2015, 07:37:39 PM »

Three, 1/4 inch 90 degree 304SS inserts.  I built the nominal 30 inch bow runner years ago and recall using it in the 1999 Gold Cup in Montreal.  The nominal 36 inch side inserts are maybe three or four years old.  I made them when I was in a runner building mood as knocking about runners so I wouldn't cruise on my good 3/16 440C runners and only used them once.  I have recently altered the forward profile (entry) to make them a little more forgiving on rough ice.  About 12 inches of 7 thou. crown on the bow runner and about 18 on the sides.

They would make good runners for cruising or general knock-about use.  OK for introductory club racing, but the only thing a serious racer might use them for is pit runners.  They need regular stoning because they are 304SS, but you can treat them like dirt and they will never rust!

The bow runner is a maple body with glass sheathing.  The sides are Baltic Birch with a layer of carbon and aluminum stiffeners.  CAUTION: the side runners are max thickness so they won't work in 'skinny' chalks.

I'd be happy to get $300 for the set.  I will be at the NAs and hopefully the Eastern Regionals.  They could be shipped, but they are heavy and I suspect the shipping would be expensive.  (I am in Nova Scotia: while shipping by bus is often cheapest, I don't know if they will do cross-border stuff)

Warren Nethercote, DN KC 3786
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 03:09:12 AM by Geoff Sobering » Logged
wnethercote
Class Member

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 05:06:17 PM »

Sold the side runners locally.  Won't bother continuing to offer the bow runner: I carry enough stuff on the road as it is!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: