DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

March 28, 2024, 04:46:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DN Planks, built to order and ready to ship  (Read 6721 times)
sieglege

« on: October 25, 2016, 09:34:54 PM »

Strip built, Laminated Ash / Spruce / Ash

My DN planks are made from Michigan White Ash skins, native to our area, over a white wood core (Spruce
or Pine) or sometimes redwood. I use a strip construction because it creates repeatability of process and reduces the chance of
plank twist as the wood ages. This adds time and materials to the building process, but I feel it’s well worth
it versus the single-piece skins and core method. And I’ve never had a report of one of my planks twisting or failing yet.

The planks are constructed with West System epoxy and the areas between the chocks and the hull
receive a round over aerodynamic profile. I can usually get a plank to within 1/8" of your target deflection,
based on your weight and the kind of mast you are sailing. Planks are built to near-max length, and I tune
using plank thickness and also with the width (between 6 1/2" and 7").

I have several completed and ready to ship, depending on your weight.

Planks start at $325

Options available for full glass cloth wraps, West 207 Special Coating (UV Resistant), tinted finishes (grey, white, black), and Spar Urethane.

Can be shipped. They are just under max length, so UPS will accept them. Photos available on request. Will trade for other DN equipment.

George
US5250
sieglege (a-t) gmail do t com
517 980 4609
sieglege

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 08:07:36 PM »

We're getting ready to start the 2018 plank builds with Ash/spruce/Ash construction.

I have several ready to go, mostly for lighter sailors and juniors. Or can build to your weight/mast type combination.

Give me a shout and I'll send you the details. Think Ice!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: