2017 Great Western Challenge under postponement


Mike Miller:
Pasted from Jim's post on the Minnesota iceboating.net site

The decision has been made to be under postponement for 1 week.
Next update on Friday the 2nd of December, and then more info after the weekend scout(s) report in.
Regatta under Postponement until Friday Dec 9th (practice, like usual), Sat-Sun Dec 10th and 11th.
We have some potential up in Thunder Bay but with a few days of warm temps and some rain it's hard to predict.
We need to see how bad it goes this week and then how cold it is over the next weekend. If it got cold enough, Christina could still be in the mix.

Mike Miller:

The site is the small bay of Long Lake on 371 north of Brainerd. Directly East of Gull Lake and visible from Hwy 371. There is a public launch and a wayside rest there. The bay is 1.2 miles across with low shorelines. The ice is smooth, uniform thickness and should be great. If you are the first to arrive please remember the buddy system and be careful as this is new ice as of a few days ago.

We will follow up with hotel recomendations or post them here if you would likew to help.

The time is 11:40 AM, for some reason the time on the post is not correct.


JD US4691

Mike Miller:
Headquarters Hotel
A bunch of rooms at the Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake, only 10 miles form Iceboat launch. They have a Super Saver weekend rate of $125/ night incl dinner and breakfast in their main lodge. Sat only is $135.
Call 218-825-2700 ask for Sue Putnam, if not avail anyone can book. Ask for the iceboat block! We have used them before.
Photos taken by Jim are on the various Facebook site

DN 5449:
No updates,pictures,results?Is silence the secrete code things have gone bad.Hopefully nobody is planning on heading to the Event Sunday to find out the circus is not in town.


[0] Message Index