DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

July 13, 2024, 01:45:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mountain Lakes Regional Championship Tentatively ON for February 10 - 11, 2018  (Read 8594 times)

Posts: 28

« on: February 05, 2018, 07:10:14 PM »

Sorry for the late notice but you have to strike when the iron is hot!

The location will be Keuka Lake in the vicinity of Penn Yan, New York.

I will post the NOR and follow up after the potential snow event on Wednesday to verify if this is still an option.  We have no backup sites but may postpone one week if we get too much snow.

Regatta Chairman,
Joe Meade
US 637
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:44:07 PM by keukaflyer » Logged

DN US637

Posts: 28

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:11:27 PM »

Notice of Race
International DN Ice Yacht Racing Association
2018 Mountain Lakes Championship Regatta
Racing February 10 and February 11, 2018

The DN Mountain Lakes Region regatta is called ON for February 10 and 11, 2018 on Keuka Lake.

   All races will be governed by the Racing Rules of the National Iceboat Authority, the Bylaws of the IDNIYRA, the Notice of Race, including any amendments to the NOR,(except as any of these are altered by the sailing instructions) and the Sailing instructions.

          Races shall be sailed under the rules of the National Iceboat Authority and those of the IDNIYRA.
   The regatta is scheduled for 7 races per fleet with one throw out if five races are completed.
   The number of Fleets and fleet size will be determined after registration.

   All courses will be a WINDWARD / LEEWARD Inline course. 
   All races will be 3 Laps.

   All DN class yachts meeting the requirements of the DN official specifications and whose skippers meet the requirements of the bylaws of the IDNIYRA as stated in sec-tions IDNIYRA Regattas are eligible to enter and race in the championships.
   All participants shall provide proof of $300,000 personal liability at time of Registra-tion.

   Sat 8-10:00 on ice registration
   Sat 10:00 Skippers Meeting
   Sat 11:00  First DN start
   Sunday 10:00 First DN start. No race will start after 2:30 PM



   Hampton Inn Penn Yan:  110 Mace St. Penn Yan, NY  14527,  (315) 536-8473
   Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites:  142 Lake St, Penn Yan, NY  14527,  (315) 536-8202
   Microtel Inn & Suites Penn Yan:  124 Elm St., Penn Yan, NY 14527,  (315) 215-2853 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:44:34 PM by keukaflyer » Logged

DN US637

Posts: 28

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 05:15:33 PM »

The snow was unforgiving.

At least we tried.

We will reassess next week!

DN US637

Posts: 28

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 06:59:36 AM »

Following up - two days of 50+ degree temperatures will not give us enough time to assess any ice conditions for the weekend.  The weather here will continue in a warming trend next week so we will remain postponed indefinitely.  I will update if I receive any information of sailable ice in the future.

DN US637
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1 RC3 | SMF © 2001-2006, Lewis Media Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!