DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

April 23, 2024, 03:48:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Regatta Measurement Committee  (Read 6471 times)
Paul Goodwin - US 46
ADMIN

« on: October 30, 2007, 08:23:13 AM »

I have been responsible for measuring boats at major regattas for years.  I have relied on a set of measurement tools produced years ago, and make many of the same measurements each year, with only minor variation.

This has certainly been way short of the "complete" Specification measurement that some people feel should be performed at the conclusion of a regatta. 

I would like to improve measurement at the major NA regattas.  To do this will require a Measurement Committee with some dedicated volunteers.  With some judicious planning, a little practice, and enough volunteers, the measurement process could be quite painless, maybe even fun!

If anyone is willing to commit some precious regatta time to helping out with this important task please email me to discuss how we can collaborate (webmaster@idniyra.org)

Paul Goodwin
DN US-46
John Davenport
Class Member

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 08:59:46 AM »

Paul,
I would be more than happy to assist in this important area.  I am a mechanical engineer and am very experienced in design verification and measurement fixture design including GR&R.  I will email you.  Any other tech types out there willing to help?  Paul and the rest of the Tech committee have a lot on their plate.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: