DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

April 26, 2024, 06:39:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would one sail per regatta = more new sailors?  (Read 6088 times)
DN 805
Class Member

« on: November 06, 2007, 07:29:34 PM »

If the membership is interested in attracting new people to DN racing, might it not be worthwhile limiting each yacht to using only one sail in a regatta? 

I know many will comment: If you have a van full of sails, why be limited to using only one?   

Well, what's the fuss about the number of runners?  We're limited to using only nine per regatta.    Perhaps we should reduce that to six runners per regatta.

The life of a sail is much shorter than the life of a runner.  I suggest that there is a greater monetary savings in returning to the old rule of only one sail per regatta than there is in worrying about the number of runners a sailor owns. 

just a thought

Jane Pegel

Glen
Class Member

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 06:13:15 AM »

If you want to only deal with one set of runners and one sail I would  join the Renegade fleet.
This is a one design class that is growing. You dont have to even take your runners off at the end of the day because you are going to use the same ones the next day.
Check it out     http://www.iceboat.org/renegade.htm
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: