Don't forget to VOTE - - - -DUE Nov. 21

(1/1)

Mark Isabell - DN5014:
Don't Forget to VOTE:

According to the latest edition of RUNNER TRACKS - votes must be postmarked on or before November 21, 2007 to be valid.

That means it must go in the mail TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

-Mark Isabell

Jim McDonagh [us5214]:
He's right.

Today is the deadline.

Get your ballot in the mail and postmarked today!  Every vote is going to count.  Your vote will matter!  Have a say in the future of your class and vote!

John Davenport:
Vote?
I didn't receive a ballot in September ?  Ballots are due back to the Secretary of the IDNIYRA North America by Dec 15th.  This is according to our "Specification management System"

Article VIll PROPOSAL APPROVAL WORDING
Wording of proposals will be reviewed by the Technical Committee. They will suggest revised wording, if appropriate, to make the proposal more clear or
reasonable to interpret. They will work directly with the author of the proposal on suggested revisions. All proposals will be submitted to the Technical Committee and the Governing Groups by May 31. Final wording on proposals will be submitted to the North American Secretary by the Technical Committee by September 1. VOTING: A BALLOT WILL BE SENT BY AIR MAIL TO ALL IDNIYRA MEMBERS FOR ALL SPECIFICATION OR PLAN PROPOSALS DURING SEPTEMBER. This ballot will be sent by the Secretary of the IDNIYRA North America. The completed ballots will be sent to and counted by the Secretary of the IDNIYRA North America. ALL BALLOTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE 15TH OF DECEMBER. IDNIYRA members that are members of both the North American and European organizations will receive only one ballot. Passage: To pass, there must be at least twice as many 'yes' votes as 'no' votes received by the end of the voting period. Any proposal which does not pass may not be resubmitted for one year. Effective Date: Changes in the Official Specifications or Official Plans shall become effective March 31 unless the Governing Group that submits a specific proposal stipulates that it have a January 1 effective date.

Regards,

John Davenport  US-4961

DN 805:
After a review of the Specification Management System document, I must agree with John Davenport, DN 4961.  It appears the proposals and balloting were not submitted in compliance with the time-line in the Spec Management System and should be declared invalid.   

I believe the error in procedure should not prevent the proposals from being re-submitted again next September.  Had the membership been presented a valid ballot and thereafter denied the proposals, the proposals would need to be tabled and not presented again until 2009, at the earliest.  This is not the situation with these proposals, consequently it seems it would be appropriate to present them again in 2008, either by way of a ballot prepared by the governing committee or placed on the agenda for the 2009 annual meeting.

I would like all members to understand that the wording of the proposals was developed after thoughtful consideration and serves to clarify the specifications close "loop holes".

Jane Pegel
DN 805

Navigation

[0] Message Index