Status of this board

<< < (2/2)

GeoffS:
Quote from: kendnsmith on November 04, 2006, 02:28:09 AM

I delete all cookies and history at the end of each web session, for security prposes.  Likely the board uses a cookie to keep track of prior posts and read files.  This is a guess.  Because it is not working for me.

That's probably it.  Most browsers these days allow more fine-grained control over cookies and such.  You may be able to selectively allow sites (ex. dnamerica.org) to set cookies, while preventing others from doing so.

Quote from: kendnsmith on November 04, 2006, 02:28:09 AM

Also please post how yo get a pretty picture to go with your posts...

Well, in my case the prettiness comes from Tammy Sawyer and her coverage of last year's Western Regional regatta.  Once you have a pretty photo, you can set it in your profile.  For some reason the profile editing options aren't showing up anymore; they are usually on the left-hand side of a user's profile page.  Perhaps registration and editing existing profiles are linked, and editing will come back when registrations are enabled again...

Cheers,

Geoff S.

GeoffS:
Quote from: Deb Whitehorse on November 04, 2006, 10:20:57 AM

If you use and IE based browser, I highly recommend "ie Spell Checker", a free download...

I just upgraded to Firefox 2.0 and the spell-checker seems to work very nicely (a bit too much like MS Word, with red squiggly underlines for mis-spelled words).

Cheers,

Geoff S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page