DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

April 20, 2024, 12:29:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: building inserts  (Read 8076 times)
Jerzy Sukow

« on: February 21, 2008, 11:18:09 AM »

Dear All
I have just registered here. I am from Poland.
I am building new inserts now. I just got from US 440C material and start to cut it with jetsystem watercut machine. later I gonna mill it and heat-traten as this material reqiure.
1D CAD `dwg or `doc drawing are awaliable on my mail box.
I am looking for CAD `dwg drawing for CNC milling machine (prefered 40-47 centimeters crown for 100 degrees runners for 95kg competitor)
If someone has any experience to share - please mail me or post here
Regards
Jurek Sukow
Paul Goodwin - US 46
ADMIN

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 10:35:29 PM »

Jurek,

You will find that CNC will not provide enough accuracy to give the correct crown because the curve radius is too large.  CNC machines "interpolate" discrete points to approximate a curve, and you will find the crown becomes a series of small steps.  If you can't get a CAD profile with crown in it, it is ok to cut the steel flat on the  bottom and rough grind the crown by hand before heat treat.

Paul Goodwin

Paul Goodwin
DN US-46
Jerzy Sukow

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 03:03:17 AM »

hello
thanks for info. I gonna mill it flat and form the crown,, lead in, out etc. after milling on sharpening machine, then heat treat.
New question: can I make plate of 60mm height instead 75? Due to it I can do 4 instead of 3 plates of one piece of material.
As I analised drawings, 38 mm down of birch an carbon, 75 mm height of plate is still not between the chock.
How do you think about it?
Regards
Jurek
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: