DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

March 29, 2024, 06:23:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Western Regionals Completed  (Read 12073 times)
DN 805
Class Member

« on: March 09, 2008, 08:05:39 PM »

On Sunday, March 9, the second day of the Western Regionals began at 10:04 a.m. CDT with the drop of the flag for the Silver Fleet.  Racing continued until 2:00 p.m. with a total of seven Gold and seven Silver Races.

John Dennis successfully defended his Gold Fleet title.  Daniel Hearn won the Silver Fleet.

Many thanks to the RC and the scorers for a job well done under challenging shifty winds and snow showers. 

John Davenport chaired the event and will post the results a.s.a.p.

...sneaky scribe
T Thieler US 5224

Of course I respect you...

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 07:43:26 AM »

Many thanks to the crew who ran the regatta- not an easy task in the best conditions and even harder when it's shifty and snowy.  Much appreciated guys!  Great time had by all, looking forward to next years' event already.

Best, T Thieler
DN US 5224

Ice is nice, heat is beat...
basmoss

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 01:35:38 PM »

I concur with "T!!!"  Hats off to Bob Pagel, the rest of the Race Committee, and the Organizing Committee.  The Regatta was very enjoyable even given the challenging conditions.

It was quite surreal on Sunday seeing the Gold Fleet boats "emerge" from the snow and round the leeward mark during their 6th race.

Many thanks to Lou L. and Jane P. for helping my travel partner Guy Lovejoy get his mast and rigging back in order after the hound snapped during practice on Friday.

Can't wait 'till next year!  thanks

Ben Shaevitz
Harrisville, PA
DN US 5395

Geoff Sobering
Class Officer

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 02:48:56 PM »

Some photos from Saturday at the Westerns and ISA: http://www.photosbyrasberry.com/trips/lake-geneva/

Cheers,

Geoff S.

Man Why You Even Got to Do a Thing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: