DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

April 25, 2024, 03:25:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Loaner Boat" project - looking for a sail...  (Read 4932 times)
Geoff Sobering
Class Officer

« on: August 15, 2008, 10:41:20 AM »

I'm putting together a "loaner boat" around my old DN.  Last year I got the hull and plank back in shape for Jori Lennon to use while her new hull was under-construction.  That catalyzed an effort to assemble the rest of the parts for a complete program.  My old Norton-Winder fiberglass mast should be nearly perfect for a beginner, and the Mattison/Krueger shop on Willy Street has donated some wire to make stays.  Two years ago, Wayne Schmiedlin helped fix my spare boom to use with his new hull, and just yesterday I acquired a set of plate-runners from Eric Olsen of Milwaukee.

So, all I need now is a sail...

The only spare sails I have are from my original (ancient) wood-mast DN, and the bolt-ropes won't fit in a modern mast or boom (it also doesn't have a window in it...).

I was hoping someone out there might have an older, but modern-style, sail (and/or battens) they would consider loaning/donating to this project.

If you have something that might be suitable, please drop me a note/call at: geoff@geoff-s.net or 608-235-3746

Cheers,

Geoff S.
US-5156

Man Why You Even Got to Do a Thing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: