DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

March 29, 2024, 04:44:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a Speed Suit  (Read 10379 times)
basmoss

« on: December 11, 2008, 07:26:45 AM »

Hello DN Sailors:

I am looking for some king of a warm speed suit to use while racing.  Fleece inside and nylon / lycra / neoprene on the outside would be great.  Does anybody have an idea of an online source?

Thanks

Ben Shaevitz

DN US 5395
Paul Goodwin - US 46
ADMIN

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 11:13:52 AM »

Ben,

I have an XXL Henderson suit, like the one Ron Sherry and the rest of the Detroit Club wear.  1.5mm Neoprene wetsuit material with heavy 4-way stretch nylon outside and fleece inside.

I wore it only twice, and I would say it's more like a Large or XL than an XXL.  It's too tight for me (6'0" @ 220lb), so I'm still using my old-old Henderson with the vintage mildew stains on it.

If this is your size, we might be able too work out a deal that benefits both of us.

Paul Goodwin
DN US46

Paul Goodwin
DN US-46
Geoff Sobering
Class Officer

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 10:39:11 PM »

Paul - sorry go OT, but which Henderson model are you guys using?  I can't seem to find anything similar to your description on their website: http://www.hendersonusa.com/

Cheers,

Geoff S.

Man Why You Even Got to Do a Thing
Paul Goodwin - US 46
ADMIN

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 11:40:02 PM »

Geoff,

We use the Henderson Tri-Lam.  They make both womens and mens models, here is a link:
Henderson TriLam suits

Underneath we wear a fleece one-piece, the one I have was made to wear under a loose-fitting diving drysuit.  Unfortunately you can't pull the TriLam over the fleece, the fleece-on-fleece might as well be velcro.  So you need to add a slippery layer in between, I use a 4-way stretch lycra one-piece in between.

By the time you have the full setup, there is a serious cash investment.  However, I would never go back once I tried it.

Paul

Paul Goodwin
DN US-46
Capt Dave

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 07:05:18 PM »

220lb. omgoodness, thought you guys were eating healthy. WAIT im 218lb. nevermind. Ha ha!!! looked online only found a nrs wavelite xt union suit. is that comparable paul?
Geoff Sobering
Class Officer

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 09:03:41 PM »

Paul: Many thanks for the info.  It sounds l like quite the effective system!

Man Why You Even Got to Do a Thing
Paul Goodwin - US 46
ADMIN

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 10:00:27 PM »

Dave,

Not really like the WaveLite, which is fairly thin (10 oz Polyester/Spandex) and form fitting.

The thermal liner we use is a somewhat loose-fitting polyester fleece.  Ron Sherry got mine for at a local dive shop, I've used it for at least 10 years, so the investment pays off.

I looked online a bit, here is a site with a bunch of drysuit liners, with some (like the Kokatat Polartec 100 Liner) coming very close to what I have.  I think the suit I have might be closer to a Polartec 200 fleece, but I'm not really sure.

Paul

Paul Goodwin
DN US-46
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: