DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

September 27, 2024, 01:12:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: searching for liability insurance that European members can purchase for NA  (Read 7338 times)
dn4379
ADMIN

« on: January 09, 2009, 01:26:01 PM »

Hello all,
  I have just recieved one letter from a racer in Holland who needs assistance purchasing an insurance policy covering North America, for the time he is racing/sialing here.  My guess is that there are more European sailors intending to participate in the GC/NAC with the same problem.  Apparantly the European insurance companies are not extending their policies to cover activity in NA.
  If you are in the insurance business or have connections with insurance people, please look into this and contact me if any solutions come up.  The issue is urgent with only 5 weeks to the event.
                                      Thanks for any help you can give,
                                                                John Harper   Commodore IDNIYRA
ROBERT RAST
Class Member

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 11:26:32 PM »

John ,
several years ago I was in the Insurance industry and searched high and low for some type of  group policy that we could use for regattas as a organization.Every time I mentined ICE  they said OH No. I looked into special events, They have insurance for rock concerts,car races ,Motor cycle races  sail boat races but sailing on ice was not in thier rate book. The only possiblity would be a Umbrella policy for liability ,Check with your Homeowner agent,but  being a non resident might not fly.I think they would need thier own umbrella typeliability policy purchase in Thier home country and would need to ask if it covers them out of the country.
Even some Health insurance policys dont cover you if you travel out of the country or even the state.Need to check with your agent.
Good Luck
DN1313
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: