DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

March 28, 2024, 03:39:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: average cost using Paul's plans  (Read 7025 times)
flip

« on: February 06, 2009, 02:57:26 PM »

Hello, just thought i would ask before I get to far ahead of my self.
I plan on ordering Paul Goodwin's set of plans and was wondering how much does it cost to build off of these plans.
DN 805
Class Member

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 06:04:43 PM »

The cost depends upon the type of wood used. 

If you're starting with no tools and no building jigs, don't forget to include the cost of setting up fixtures on which you will build the various parts.  And don't forget to include the cost of tools, particularly clamps.

Use the best materials you can find.  You're going to have labor involved in building the fixtures and then will have about 60 hours in the hull by the time you have trimmed, sanded, and sanded, and sanded some more, and then applied paint or varnish.    After putting that many hours into it, you don't want to scrimp on the quality of the material and have a failure in the finished product.

The cost of the hardware can be easily determined by taking a look at the Sarns Hardware web site. 

Don't worry about the cost.  The building project is fun to do and sailing it will be a blast.

...DN 805

flip

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 06:34:53 PM »

All I have is access to a small table saw. Thats it. Its going be fun.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: