DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

April 28, 2024, 02:13:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hull Numbers  (Read 6736 times)
Bob Gray
Class Member

« on: October 23, 2009, 05:04:40 PM »

Last year I damaged my hull and had to remove the numbers . I've been trying to find the specification concerning the numbers  on this web site but with my lousy computer skills I have been unsuccessful. The latest "Runner Tracks" stated it was on an Open Forum entry dated   
Dec 23, 2008. I couldn't pull that entry up. Help.
                                                                     Bob
Chad Atkins
Class Member

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 06:20:43 AM »

I think this is it.... all these changes are under the class anouncments section

Chad

Effective January 1, 2009
Add:
A.29 National letter and Sail number shall be affixed to each side of the fuselage below the mast stepping point. Color shall contrast with the fuselage and each letter and number shall be a minimum of 5.5 inches (140 mm) high and 0.7874 inches (20 mm) wide.
DN 805
Class Member

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 08:50:38 AM »

Hi Bob
Chad has accurately quoted the wording for the new spec regarding side numbers on the fuselage.

Care should be made to make certain that 20 mm is the minimum stroke width, not the overall width of the digit or letter. 

I wish to point out that the members of the IDNIYRA have never approved designating national letters.  There is no official list of national letters, even though a list appeared in the Fall 2009 issue of Runner Tracks.  Consequently in January 2009 the Commodore ruled that national letters are not required on side panels for events being held in North America.

There has been some discussion among the members of the Technical Committee as to whether the location "below the mast stepping point" merely means the location should be below deck level, so the numbers might be forward or aft of the mast stepping point.  Official wording of the interpretation has not yet been agreed upon.    A quick scan of DN fuselages will reveal that the fore and aft position varies.   This has been unofficially viewed as being acceptable.

I hope the above information will be a help to you.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the ice soon.

...Jane Pegel, Chairperson, IDNIYRA Technical Committee

Bob Gray
Class Member

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 12:13:20 PM »

Thanks everybody, I'll get my numbers next week. The guy who's making them is going to try and put them on some vinyl sheets with adjustable straps so they are removable after a race. I hope it works.    Bob
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: