DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

March 28, 2024, 12:27:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ice Optis on Sailing Anarchy  (Read 11281 times)
Daniel Hearn
Class Member

« on: April 07, 2009, 08:51:06 AM »

If you haven't seen it already, check out the Ice Opti video of the '08 - '09 season, which was picked up on Sailing Anarchy today.  Great exposure! Rock on!

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/index_page1.php

Daniel Hearn
US 5352
Ayes

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 09:50:40 AM »

Nice work, great exposure for the kids and the sport !

If you don't do it this year you will be another year older when you do.

Warren Miller
basmoss

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 11:53:41 AM »

I concur!  Great work Daniel with the Opti Program.  I'm interested in helping out -  what are the needs -  $, time, equipment, etc?  Let us know.  thanks.

Ben Shaevitz
DN US 5395
Harrisville, PA
Daniel Hearn
Class Member

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 03:12:01 PM »

Ayes, Ben:

Thx for your kind words.  To answer your question, Ben, what I think we need most is "loaner" boats.  The juniors we've attracted so far are the kids of passionate DN sailors.  To attract many more, we need to gain interest from kids of more casual DN sailors.  These are families who, understandably so, would be reluctant to spend the time or money to build or buy a boat before their kid has had a chance to try it and find out whether it's for them or not.  Once in a boat, more often than not, we've lit the fire.  Without "extra" boats around, however, the match never gets struck.  The next layer after that is to attract juniors who are summer sailors, but not from families who are yet winter sailors.  Again, loaner boats are the key to gaining trial.  I have a loaner boat in my trailer now available for anyone to use.  Two juniors used it this season and both are now building boats for next.  And we expect one of the dads to be in a new DN, also.  So in short, build the boats and they will come! Don't hesitate to let me know what I can do to help get the wood flying!

Daniel
US 5352
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: