DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

March 28, 2024, 06:53:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to buy composite DN mast-- I am located in New England  (Read 7169 times)
peterburrow

« on: October 17, 2010, 08:09:55 PM »

I would like to buy a composite mast for my DN, possibly a matching sail as well. My current mast is fiberglass and is starting to fray, shedding bits and pieces under heavy wind loads. I live in CT. I'm not sure how shippable masts are.

Peter B.
dn5399@ gmail.com
ERIC ANDERSON
Class Member

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 08:14:46 AM »

Peter,
The easiest way to do it is to come to the NEIYA swap meet in Oct 30.  Ask Steve Duhamel at Northwind www.northwindiceboats.com (ahead of time)  if he has any used composite masts for sale.  Bring your old mast, sell it, buy a new one.  Both Jim Theiler “T” and I will have used sails for sale in good shape that would pair up well with a newer composite mast.   Go home happy.
Alternatively, you can order new masts from Composite Solutions Inc. (Jeff Kent) or Composite Concepts (Ron Sherry-586.790.5557) both make good products. 
Eric Anderson US 5193

NEIYA annual meeting,
awards banquet, and swap meet!
Date: Saturday Oct 30th, 2010 Place: Doubletree Hotel Westborough, at the junction of Rt. 495 and Rt. 9 (west)
Time  Swap meet starts at 9 am,  Luncheon starts at Noon, Annual Meeting to follow

Take I-90 to exit 11a, take I-495 north one exit. Exit 23b, Rt 9 West to Computer Drive exit. Bear right at the end of the exit and go 1/2 Mile. The hotel is located on the left hand side. Hotel telephone is 508-366-5511.
This is the NEIYA's annual get together. The swap meet starts around 9:00am and goes through to 3:00. All kinds of boats and gear will be on display, new and used, old school and high tech.
Cash bar social hour starts at 11:30, the banquet is at 12 noon. The NEIYA has arranged for a subsidized price of $20. for the always popular Westborough Buffet. The business meeting is right after lunch.
Reserve by calling treasurer Henry Capotosto by OCT 26 th  at 401-739-2894 or emailing at hecap@aol.com . You can pay at the door, but you need to let Henry Capotosto  know you are coming.

Bring 35$ with you to the meeting.  10$ for Dues, 20$ for the luncheon, 5$ if you want to pay Loyd Roberts  dues to the Maine Chickawaukie  iceboaters club also (Highly recommended). 

Come to the meeting to look and  buy  the great stuff you find at the swap, ready to catch up with hard water friends, and ready to have some great food.  Also think about club issues and getting involved, and the shear and utter joy  of volunteering.

sail fast,
US 5193
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: