DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

March 29, 2024, 01:08:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Gold-Cup and North-American Championship Regattas - Mail-In Entry Forms  (Read 10798 times)
Geoff Sobering
Class Officer

« on: November 27, 2010, 10:52:44 AM »

Mail-In Entry Forms are now posted on IDNIYRA.org.
On-Line Registration should be available in a couple of days.

Direct Links:
Gold-Cup Regatta Form
North-America Regatta Form

Man Why You Even Got to Do a Thing
rpotcova
Class Officer

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 08:29:30 AM »

I was asked over the weekend what "Special fees may apply to rookies" means?   Its at the top of the mail in registration. 
DN 5449
Class Member

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 11:21:47 AM »

Yes very interested to know what the special fees are,I would think I qualify as a Rookie.
Geoff Sobering
Class Officer

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 12:53:29 PM »

Here are the specifics on "rookie" status.
There are two categories of member who qualify for special entry fees:
  • Not sailed in an NAs, European, or Worlds in the past three years: no late fee
  • New member or membership lapsed five years: Pay for two-years membership

Quote from: IDNIYRA By-Laws
4. Entries
  • The regatta is open to any member of the Association who has paid all current dues and who has mailed an entry form with entry fee prior to January 1. Late registration at two times the normal fee will be accepted up to one day before the regatta. Current members who have not sailed in a continental regatta for three or more years are not required to pay the late registration penalty.
  • Novice entries: Novice DN racers may enter one or both regattas if two years association dues are paid. No other event registration fee will apply. A DN racer shall be considered a novice if that person has never belonged to IDNIYRA, or if their membership has lapsed five or more years. A novice must comply with all other entry requirements.
https://ice.idniyra.org/Yearbook/IDNIYRA_Bylaws#Entries
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 01:26:53 PM by Jim McDonagh [us5214] » Logged

Man Why You Even Got to Do a Thing
rpotcova
Class Officer

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 04:18:38 PM »

Geoff,

Thanks for clearing that up.  I think the "Special Fees" vs. something like "Reduced Fees"  lead folks to think there was an addition instead of a reduction.  We've been encouraging the younger skippers to take advantage of the reduced new member price structure.
DN 5449
Class Member

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 08:45:02 PM »

Sign up for the Worlds today.Now I just have to hope they are within my driving distance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: