DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

March 28, 2024, 06:17:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What worked in the Worlds?  (Read 11541 times)
Ken Smith
ADMIN

sail often, travel light

« on: February 07, 2012, 02:25:50 AM »

I talked to Kardas, P-13, and the Poles all used FO-1 in the sticky conditions, including winner Tomek.  Most used snow runners.  Snow runners are mostly carbon steel minimum thickness, ground with the nose faired as thin and as far back as the rules allowed.  Most are not bull-nose, but more gradual entry.  Some 440c and some soft stainless, short plates.  No or minimal stiffeners on front runner.

Ken Smith
DN4137US
Ken Smith
ADMIN

sail often, travel light

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:21:31 PM »

Was locked from replies. Now fixed.

Ken

Ken Smith
DN4137US
KB [us5219]
Class Member

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 09:24:49 AM »

I discussed this in my blog:  http://www.iceblogger5219.blogspot.com/   on a few different posts.  All of us were scratching our heads trying to figure out how these tiny runners could be the top choice in only 1/4"-1/2" of snow - and even in a wide wind range.  I felt that this might have been a "once a decade" condition, but the same scenario repeated itself in Germany later that week during tune ups on Lake Zwischenahn.   Huh  Ron has some very good hypothesis on the whys and hows of this unusual runner set up.  I believe he will have a posting soon on his website, but have patience - as we are all trying to get caught up on rest and work having just returned last night.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: