DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

April 19, 2024, 02:16:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear Commodore's Editorial 1st...  (Read 4065 times)
juliejsail
Class Officer

« on: January 08, 2013, 08:25:53 AM »

Well, if you watched the TV interview Deb posted on iceboat.org.....all I can say is..I learned my lesson..Had never given one before..ALWAYS give them a SCRIPT of what you say so they don't misinterpret 1/2 of it...I said IDNIYRA Western Region Rear Commodore not  Rear ADMIRAL !!! You can all stop emailing me about whether you need to salute or not!..on the other hand...Also, I never said we were moving on Saturday an average of 45 mph, if we had been I would never have lost so much weight running in the first race that my boots got so lose I had to sit on my plank and re-tie them in the middle of the race...! I have a lot to learn about down wind in light wind.  Luckily the wind grew from there for the rest of the regatta.  Sunday I developed some beautifully hued welts on my spin-outs...Sammy Meyer....if you're reading this, I'm reconsidering finally wearing that bright red, skin-tight, ski-racing, PADDED Spiderman suit you grew out of..!...maybe..     Ok, now I'll get more Admiral-like and type up a "wrap-up and thank-you's"...soon to follow...now that I've had a day to decompress...Thanks to all for putting up with me! I really did have a great time at the Western Regionals!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: