DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

March 28, 2024, 02:55:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have a sketch or drawing for a Runner Light Box?  (Read 5849 times)
Staggersnjaggs

« on: November 05, 2009, 04:16:53 PM »

I'm looking for a sketch or drawing for a Runner Light Box.
It would save time if I could get my hands on a drawing...
Thanks
Ken Smith
ADMIN

sail often, travel light

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 09:28:26 PM »

Built it, never drew it.

I mounted a fluorescent desk lamp on  two 1 by 3 boards for a base.  Used a bit of counter top scrap for the table above the light which was mounted beneath and just past  the end of the table.  A gap of about 1-1/2 inch past the table is the light path, then a straight piece of steel for the reference surface, mounted above the light and past the table so a runner edge can touch the straight, flat steel surface when the runner body is on the table.  Tune the gap properly, and a winged runner can lay with the wing in the gap.  I used a 30" piece of finished 3/4 by 1 inch steel bar from a supply company, McMaster Carr.  They sell stuff with a machined surface and mine was flat. 

It is an ugly tool, scrap wood and table top, sheet rock screws hold the bar down, but now has 12 years of use and is fine for its purpose.

The steel was bought retail, the rest was scrap or yard sale stuff, total cost about $20.

Ken

_____  ||
------         
        \|/
.........O...
end view (elevation)

« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 09:40:06 PM by Ken Smith » Logged

Ken Smith
DN4137US
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: