DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

May 22, 2022, 03:08:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Annual Northern Superior DN Regatta,November 2010.  (Read 24827 times)
DN 5449
Class Member
*
Posts: 368


« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 08:41:09 AM »

Weather looking better for next week
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/fourteenday/caon0688?ref=qlink_lt_14day
Logged
DN 5449
Class Member
*
Posts: 368


« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 12:07:02 PM »

Weather cold enough to warrent ice check.I will be going out with some scouts Tues. to check possible ice.I will report here Wed. to confirm or postpone for this weekend.
Logged
DN 5449
Class Member
*
Posts: 368


« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 08:10:26 AM »

Regatta still on holding pattern.Unfortunatly no real sailable ice yet.The good news is with the real cold weather approaching,I am some what assured I have a good chance of finding ice by the weekend.So I will continue to post and although I do not feel certain enough to call the regatta on for this weekend,if I find ice and you want to join me sailing you would be more then welcome.
Logged
DN 5449
Class Member
*
Posts: 368


« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 10:00:40 AM »

Good news from regatta site as of this morning the whole lake has a thin film of ice.Not sailable yet but looking at forcast saturday sailing is looking real promising
Logged
DN 5449
Class Member
*
Posts: 368


« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 12:15:49 PM »

Very cold here this morning,-12 celcious and contiuing to stay cold all day.Bad news is more snow on the way tonght.Still keeping my fingers crossed for sailing this weekend.If not I will be out cross country sking.
Logged
DN 5449
Class Member
*
Posts: 368


« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 09:03:25 AM »

Ice on lake then snow,now rain and then getting really cold again tonight.I have no idea what I am going to find tommorow but I will have my boat ready to go.
Logged
DN 5449
Class Member
*
Posts: 368


« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 12:49:02 PM »

Bad news is the primary site got messed up by snow.Good news is Arrow lake ( about 5miles) from Whitefish Lake has still not frozen yet.
Logged
Geoff Sobering
Class Officer
***
Posts: 461



WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 01:34:25 PM »

Bad news is the primary site got messed up by snow.Good news is Arrow lake ( about 5miles) from Whitefish Lake has still not frozen yet.

Well, at least you got to sail (push) a bit Saturday...  Undecided

Think Ice!  Grin
Logged

Man Why You Even Got to Do a Thing
DN 5449
Class Member
*
Posts: 368


« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 07:55:49 AM »

Weather is a mess here in Thunder Bay.does not look good for Ice boating here this Weekend.
Logged
DN 5449
Class Member
*
Posts: 368


« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2010, 10:13:58 AM »

Unfortunatly after all the hype a regatta here in Thunder Bay during November does not look like it is going to happen.This has been a very unusual November.Hopfully I have not discouraged people from comming here again when the conditions warrent.This location really has good potential for very early sailing.Talked with an owner of one of the resorts at the primary location,and he was very enthused about hosting a regatta.he said he would also sponser some door prices,he has a heated garage for any maintence work.The lodgeing is located right on the Lake.He is willing to let it go for $20 a person.So the good news is I have made some good contacts for the future.
Logged
ERIC ANDERSON
Class Member
*
Posts: 29


« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2010, 11:02:18 AM »

Donít get discouraged.  Holding regattas is a tough business.   It is a lot of work and scouting to find a place.  Thanks for making the effort.   After you do this a while, you learn to go with the flow.  It is always  a gamble, you do a lot of driving sometimes and donít get to sail.
On the other hand, now you understand why the class  blocks out a whole week for a NA regatta that may happen in 2 days if the weather and ice are just right.  Maybe we start in Thunder bay, and then move to Red Bank in New Jersey. 

Cheers,
Eric
Logged

sail fast,
US 5193
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1 RC3 | SMF © 2001-2006, Lewis Media Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!