DN NA Class  

DN America Forums

March 28, 2024, 06:33:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Ballot -- MAIL BY JUNE 30!  (Read 5914 times)
Ken Smith
ADMIN

sail often, travel light

« on: June 17, 2010, 09:58:49 PM »

Shocked
Hi folks

Your Runner Tracks should have been received by now, and the center pages are your annual ballot!

Vote for your choice of officers, and for or against the three proposals.

Time is running out!  Only members vote, and your vote will count!  Typically fewer than 100 actually vote.

Ken Smith
DN4137US
Ken Smith
ADMIN

sail often, travel light

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 10:07:20 PM »

I agree with allowing foam in the voids where solid wood is not specified.  I built boats that way before!  works well.

I agree with a minimum thickness, floor to bottom.

I DISAGREE with a "shall be equipped with" a brake at all times, as I prefer to detach my brake, and avoid unexpected sudden braking or tangling the brake in the bob-stay.  I ALWAYS have the brake with me, and have a place to tuck it in the front of the cockpit.

I'd agree with the proposal IF and ONLY IF the interpretation of "Equipped with" was meant to allow the brake to reside in my pocket or in the boat as well as on the runner.

No assurance, so I am voting NO on that one.

Ken

Ken Smith
DN4137US
Fredrik Lönegren DN S-8
Class Member

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 03:36:18 PM »

Hi
Ken then your brake is not proper and effective. (if its dangerous when you are sailing)
Iv been sailing with my brake since I started iceboating and what you explaine never happened.
Please try to think about al the good reasons with having the brake on the runner.
-One thing is at the starting line.
-Also if you fall out of the boat and an outer person will stop the boat.
-If you must help an outer sailor.
I strongly recommend you to consider to change your vote to YES So we get more safer days on the ice.
(I also wonder what will happen if you have the brake in your pocket and you crash. It could properly injure your self badly.)

Happy summer

(Ask Ron about the brake proposal, he where at the EU meeting and helping us with the English)

BR/ Fredrik Lönegren Ph. or SMS +46 707 307 306
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: